Ten facts about animals that you probably didn’t know:
- Most people think that a goldfish’s memory only lasts about 3 seconds, but surprisingly it can last for up to 5 months.
2. White Bellbird’s mating calls can be louder than 125 dB (125 decibels), which is louder than a rock concert.
3. Snails can sleep for longer than 3 years at once, but they don’t hibernate!
4. Male lions will pretend to be hurt to encourage the strength of their children
5. Turtles will normally breathe from their butt!?
6. A type of jellyfish, called Turritopsis dohrnii, can live forever by reversing back to a child once it’s an adult.
7. Bats eat more than 1000 insects per hour (on average)
8. Sharks kill less than 10 people every year in total, whilst humans kill more than 100 million sharks every year.
9. A dog’s sense of smell is about 100,000 times stronger than a human’s sense of smell.
10. Small animals like hedgehogs, squirrels, chipmunks and other small animals can see in slow motion.