Hi my name is Owen I’m awesome at swimming. I practise two times a week at Leichhardt Aquatic Centre. I just moved up to Silver Squad and I am the youngest – all the other swimmers in my squad are teenagers. I am 10.
Recently I went to regionals for swimming and I represented Balmain zone. When I started swimming I wasn’t very good at it, then I practiced and I got better and better.
Here are my tips to improve your speed in the water.
- While you are swimming you should make you hands in to scoop position.
- When you are diving put your arms behind your head.
- When you’re swimming breaststroke, touch the wall with two hands.
- In freestyle you should kick (with straight legs) the whole time.
- Also when you get in the water you should do at least do five butterfly kicks in the water.
- At the start of your race, you should pace yourself, then when you get to the half way point, go as fast as you can.
- If you wear short swimmers that will help you go faster.
- I do not recommend to do floppy arms in a race because that will make you slower.
- If you you go and train once a week that will progress your swimming skills.
- If you go in a race try your hardest!