At Kegworth we are trying hard to reduce waste and become a zero waste school. We are doing lots of good work, but we can all do more.
One problem is that there are a lot of misconceptions about what can and can’t be recycled. Here are five things that can’t be recycled along with sustainable alternatives!
- The first object you can’t recycle is coffee cups on the other hand you can recycle keep cups.
2. The second object you can’t recycle is plastic straws but you can recycle metal straws.
3. The third object you can’t recycle is plastic bags on the other hand you recycle fabric shopping bags.
4. The fourth object you can’t recycle are chip packets or just regular snack packets but there are plenty of re-usable alternatives!
5. The last object you can’t recycle is cling wrap on the other hand you can recycle is beeswax wrap!
Related: Five Ways To Reduce Plastic At Home!